How to Fix a Fidget Spinner

I recently wrote an article about the best fidget spinners and fidget cubes and how they can help solve a fidgeting problem. There you’ll also find a link to the most expensive fidget spinner.
Be sure to check it out if you’re looking for a way to fix fidgeting!

Now I’ll show you how to fix a fidget spinner when it stops spinning smoothly and clean a fidget spinner when it gets noisy while spinning. These tips will also show you how to make your fidget spinner spin longer.inside a fidget spinner bearing

Fidget spinners work off momentum and bearings. Momentum doesn’t usually fail, it’s the bearings. So when your spinner gets noisy or doesn’t spin as long as it should, 99% of the time the problem is the center bearing. Remember, the fidget spinner bearing is either made of steel or ceramic material. Each has their own problems that can require cleaning.

Reasons Fidget Spinners Stop Working

Dirty Bearings

One of the primary causes of hand spinners getting noisy or vibrating when used, is dirt or pocket lint getting into the bearing. Bearings typically have grease packed in between them and a rubber or metal gasket shielding them from the elements. Not so with the center bearing on your fidget spinner. The grease and gasket has been removed to allow the bearing to spin faster. The drawback to this is that pocket lint and other material can work its way past the spinner button(part you grasp with your fingers when spinning) and into the bearing tracks. Cleaning a fidget spinner is the first step to fixing a noisy spin.

Here’s how to clean a fidget spinner bearing

1. Remove the button by separating the halves. (some unscrew, others just pop off)

fidget spinner with button removed revealing ceramic bearings

Fidget spinner with button removed

2. Next, grasp the spinner by the center ring of the bearing and spin it quickly.
  3. Use a can of compressed air aimed at the circle of bearings to blow out the bearings while they’re spinning. This will get small particles removed from your bearing tracks.
  4. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, press the complete bearing out of your hand spinner(here’s what it will look like), rinse it in a small bowl of rubbing alcohol and immediately/completely dry it. Don’t use water as it can cause the metal to rust, ruining the bearing.

Broken Bearings

Fidget spinners with ceramic bearings are more prone to broken bearings than those with steel ball bearings. While ceramic bearings do allow for better spin times, they are ceramic which is very hard but also brittle. It’s possible to drop the hand spinner hard enough to shatter one or more of the ceramic bearings. While steel bearings won’t break, they can rust or break their housing. Bearing replacement is the only option for broken bearings. Follow the instructions below to order and replace the bearing.

Rusty Bearings

The question I’m getting asked the most is how to get rust off a fidget spinner bearing.
This solution is not guaranteed, but it’s a trick used by skateboarders. It can get you a little more use out of a rusty fidget spinner bearing.

Here’s how to get rust off a fidget spinner

1. Remove the rusty bearing from the fidget spinner
  2. Soak the bearing in vinegar for about 30 minutes.
  3. Rinse in rubbing alcohol (not water, water will rust them)
  4. Let them air dry, use a hair dryer if you’re pressed for time
  5. If you see it removed a lot of rust, you might try repeating once more.

Lubricating a Fidget Spinner

You may be tempted to lubricate your fidget spinner to make it spin faster. This usually doesn’t work. Fidget spinners don’t have heat or load on them so an oil will usually just slow them down. It will make them quieter, but it will slow them down. If you do decide to lubricate your fidget spinner, DO NOT USE OLIVE OIL. I am seeing some places recommend olive oil. Don’t do it. It will go rancid, and gum up your bearing. Also, only use WD-40 to remove a lubricant. WD-40 itself is not a lubricant, it is a Water Displacer. If you choose to oil your fidget spinner, use a very light oil like sewing machine oil. It’s not thick so it will slow the spinner down the least.

Ordering New Bearings

identify fidget spinner bearing

608RS bearing

Before reading this, understand the most common size bearing you will need is the 608 bearing. It’s used by most  fidget spinner manufacturers, the chart at the bottom of this page has multiple grades of bearings that fit these spinners. The second most popular fidget spinner bearing is the R188, slightly smaller bearing

Sometimes you can’t fix the fidget spinner bearing, you just need to order a new bearing and replace the old one. If cleaning your fidget spinner didn’t help, replacing your bearing will help your fidget spinner spin longer. This is VERY simple and all you need is a little information, a few bucks and less than five minutes.

First you need to identify the bearing you’re replacing. Bearings are usually identified by numbers on the gaskets on each side (see pic at right). Unfortunately, most of the center bearings on fidget spinners have their gaskets removed, so a bearing number can be hard to find. If you don’t have the number of the center bearing, compare it to the bearings used as weights on the ends of your fidget spinner. Nine out of ten times, they’re the same bearing size, just a cheaper model since they’re just acting as weights. If they are the same size and have a model number visible, you’re set. If they don’t, you’ll need to get a couple of measurements of your bearing. In millimeters, measure the three spans shown in the picture, inner diameter (ID), outer diameter(OD) and

Click to See Measurement Points

height. Digital calipers are great for this, but a simple ruler with mm measurements will work too. These numbers in that order indicate the size of the bearing you need. For example, if the measurements collected were 9, 20, 6; the bearing size you need will be listed as a 9x20x6mm or 9*20*6mm.

Once you’ve identified the bearing size, we just need to find the replacement bearing. Before finding the new bearing, here’s something you need to know. Above, I mentioned a couple of letters after the bearing number on the gaskets. These numbers indicate bearing features. As an example, if your bearing is a model 608 RS, that means it is model 608 and has or had a Rubber Seal gasket on one side when shipped. 2RS means it had a Rubber Seal gasket on both sides. When ordering a new bearing, you’ll want a model RS or 2RS, but NOT a Z or ZZ. Z or ZZ indicates the bearing comes with metal gaskets on both sides. They’re not high speed bearings and won’t work well on your fidget spinner.

Use the chart at the bottom of this page to find the right bearings for your fidget spinner.

How to Replace the Bearing on Your Fidget Spinner

Confirm the bearing you ordered and received is the right size for your spinner. Do this first, because we’re about to make it much faster, but we will also void the warranty.

1. On the new bearing, use a small screwdriver or plastic tool to pry the edge of the rubber gaskets out from under the metal all the way around the outer edge of the new bearings, then remove the gaskets. Do this on both sides of the bearing, if both sides have gaskets.
  2. Spray some WD-40 into the bearings to dissolve any grease present. Do it over a sink or something so it doesn’t get everywhere. Get all the grease out. Grease is great if the bearing will be getting hot or under pressure, but a fidget spinner has neither. Some people use acetone, rather than WD-40. It works, but is highly flammable.
  3. Rinse the bearing by swishing it around in rubbing alcohol to remove the WD-40 and then let it dry.
  4. While it’s drying, use your thumbs to press the old bearing out of the center of your hand spinner. It will be tight, but it will come out.
  5. Press the new bearing in its place and you’re done!

That’s the most difficult repair you might ever have to do on your fidget spinner and it takes only a few minutes to get it working again.

If you need more help fixing your gadget, post a comment below!

Replacement Fidget Spinner Buttons / Caps

There’s now a couple companies that make easy to replace metal replacement fidget spinner buttons (second source)for the 608 bearing size spinner. This is the most common bearing size used in fidget spinners. This is great news, as previously, glue, putty or a 3d printed button were the only options.

I’m developing a Replacement Fidget Spinner Bearing Matrix. It will match bearings to spinners and have links to replacement bearings. If you would like to help, use the email address on the contact page(at the top) and send me the name/model of your spinner and the center bearing size it takes!

Replacement Fidget Spinner Bearings

BrandFits Bearing NumberDescriptionImage
ZrO2/Si3N4 Ceramic Bearing608 (8x22x7mm)Completely Ceramic bearing.(ZrO2/Si3N4 hybrid) One of the longest spin times for the money
"Bones Ceramic Redz"608 (8x22x7mm)
Most common size of bearings for hand spinners.
These are the ceramic version of the Redz bearing above. More expensive, but virtually silent.ceramic skate bearings
R188 BearingR188 size (1/4"x1/2"x1/8")Mid-grade replacement bearing for the R188 size bearingr188 fidget spinner bearing
Yellow Jacket608 (8x22x7mm)Well-rated for fidget spinners, but not as fast as the ceramic bearings above.

(here’s more information on bearing markings)
By | 2017-07-11T10:42:08+00:00 January 29th, 2017|fun, gadgets|423 Comments

423 Comments

1. Kelly Westbrook July 2, 2017 at 7:57 am

I bought my daughter a glow in the dark fidget spinner that’s not the normal 3 armed shaped. She dropped it on our hardwood floor and the caps & center bearing came out. I was able to the bearing back in and the caps but I can’t get the caps pushed all the way in flush with the fidget spinner. Any ideas how I can get the caps in all the way? I thought about using a hammer but don’t want to break the caps. Thanks!

• Beecher Bowers July 2, 2017 at 8:04 am

you may need to remove the caps and make sure the bearing is “centered” (in depth) into the bearing. If it’s in too far or not enough, the caps will stick up on one side or the other. Some caps, depending on the spinner, won’t site flush. The main thing is to be sure they’re not rubbing on the spinner.

2. Vinayak bhat June 3, 2017 at 11:16 am

Thanks a lot…it worked…I just tried the steps u said…n now it spins great 😍

3. Naail June 1, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Hey beecher, know the outer bearings? There’s a black ring cap thing on each one. Sadly, it went missing, and now it looks ugly af. Any ideas?

• Beecher Bowers June 3, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Those are just seals. For the weight bearings, other than appearance, they don’t serve a function. Ask your friends if they have an old spinner and swap the weight bearings or just the seal

• Joseph June 3, 2017 at 4:54 pm

Beecher… I did everything you said to remove the rust, but made my spinner spin for a little less than 20 seconds now. What did i do wrong? What can I do now?

• Beecher Bowers June 3, 2017 at 4:56 pm

sometimes the rust won’t come off and you’ll have to replace the bearing.

4. Duche June 1, 2017 at 9:44 am

Will Coconut oil help with the noise and “wobblyness” of the bearing? Please anwser fast. I realy need it!

• Beecher Bowers June 3, 2017 at 12:39 pm

no. do not lubricate with “food” oils. They will go rancid

5. Matthew Konkine May 30, 2017 at 2:43 pm

Hey Beecher, My fidget spinners full bearing always comes off and i don’t know how to fix it! Please help this is the only one i have!

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:50 pm

I’ve seen this happen with less expensive fidget spinners, and it’s usually a bearing made out of spec or the plastic of the spinner stretched somehow. I would try swapping bearings around on the spinner(if it has them) just to see if the problem is the bearing or the spinner body

6. rima May 30, 2017 at 12:07 pm

my fidget spinner was working just fine and today while spinning it the third arm of the spinner broke off any way to fix it?

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:52 pm

no. It could be glued on, but it will be out of balance if that’s done.

7. ExplosivePenguins May 30, 2017 at 6:53 am

I have a metal fidget spinner and the bearing doesn’t come out, it’s rusted. It is a 606 bearing but I don’t know what i should do.

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:52 pm

what model spinner do you have?

8. Andrew May 29, 2017 at 5:49 pm

I just got my fidget spinner and now it only spins for two second not like before when it spun for three minutes. How can I fix it.

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm

clean or replace the bearing.

9. Dusti Dawdy May 27, 2017 at 5:59 pm

My daughter wanted me to paint her fidget spinner so I took the center bearing out with caps intact, covered each beating on the arms and the center of the main bearing with painters tape and used spray paint to paint it. I let it thoroughly dry over night. However when I retrieved it this morning I found that the paint had run into the center hole where the bearing goes (bearing was not in it). I tried inserting the bearing and it wouldn’t go in. So I took some acetone on a q-tip and removed the paint on the inside hole wall and around the outer edges of the plastic caps of the bearing. When I put the bearing with caps back in I had no problem spinning it but it now will not stay on the bearing. It just falls out of the hole. There is now no resistance putting the bearing with caps back in the center either. Is there a fix for this?

• Beecher Bowers May 27, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Most likely the acetone softened and misshaped the plastic where the bearing goes in. It’s probably not fixable.

• Anthony Thompson May 28, 2017 at 6:35 pm

Hey my fidget spinner started to sound like something is rubbing against each other. Why?

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:55 pm

If you’ve already cleaned it out; check the button on the center bearing. Sometimes if the center bearing is pressed to far into the spinner or isn’t pressed in far enough, one of the spinner buttons will rub.

• caleb May 28, 2017 at 7:33 pm

you can try putting paper in as a a spacet

• stark May 29, 2017 at 12:03 pm

But still you can try to increase the the thickness of the bearing by taping the pete threading tapes around them i guess it won’t decrease or affect the spin time of the spiner it is worth a try.

• Timothy May 31, 2017 at 12:34 pm

Put tape on the center bearing and stick it in the hole cut the outside tape off and should spin well

10. Alina May 27, 2017 at 12:04 pm

My fidget spinner was doing great for the first hour or so but then it started to get slower and slower day by day. at one point, you could spin it on one side for 5 seconds and on the other for 2 seconds. i tried everything. every time i spun the spinner, it sounded like something was still spinning even though it had stopped. plz help. i cant buy a new one.

• Beecher Bowers May 27, 2017 at 6:21 pm

it sounds as if something is in the bearing or it has rusted. Follow the article instructions to try cleaning it out first.

• Loki Lons (FAKENAME) May 30, 2017 at 2:23 pm

My bearing is new, I got it a few days ago, but it stops mid-spin and it’s perfectly clean. What the problem

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:51 pm

If it is lurching to a stop, and you’re sure it’s clean, there’s probably a flaw with one of the bearing rollers like a flat spot.

11. Frank May 27, 2017 at 9:00 am

Just wanted to say, thanks for this great article!

12. Rosie May 27, 2017 at 12:05 am

Hello, my fidget spinner’s metal bearing looks like it has popped out a little and I’m desperate to fix it…can you offer help? It works normally when I take the caps off but it only spins for around 20 seconds when I put them back on because one of the caps looks squished/too tight when I put it back on. I need help…I’m so confused! I don’t know if I should try and put something on top e.g a block of wood or to try and clean the bearing…if I try and clean the bearing how do I do so? Put the WHOLE fidget spinner in vinegar for 30 mins than rub alcohol or do I take bearing out… Which I don’t know how to do? Also can I use red wine? I’m scared cleaning it will break it…???
    It would be appreciated if u could help
    P.S sorry for so much writing

• Beecher Bowers May 27, 2017 at 6:18 pm

you might be able to just move the bearing up or down a little in the hole and it will keep the buttons from rubbing on the spinner. ONLY the bearing goes into the vinegar, not the entire spinner.

• Rosie May 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Thanks so much… 🙂

• Rosie May 27, 2017 at 9:09 pm

Also, my brother bought one as well and the only complication is that one of the buttons keep falling out-do I try and take out the other button and see if it stays in or do I need new buttons?
          I don’t want to buy new buttons so I’m lookin for a resolution…have Any? I’d be glad to hear one… 🙂

• Beecher Bowers May 30, 2017 at 2:56 pm

you can buy new buttons, or you can try a small piece of playdo or putty in between them.

13. Christine May 26, 2017 at 7:30 pm

My sister got a figit spinner then the middle parts came out,how do I fix it!!!!!!!!!!

• Beecher Bowers May 27, 2017 at 6:19 pm

if the center bearing came apart(the rings and bearing balls came apart), you’ll need to get a new bearing. If the bearing just keeps falling out as one whole piece, you should be able to press it back into place.

14. Vani Patel May 25, 2017 at 9:42 pm

Okay so when I first got my spinnerves I timed it and it went for 2 mins and a week later I decide to paint it and then I didn’t like it so I washed it and then I time test it and it goes for 30 seconds so I want it to go faster how do I 9do that

• Beecher Bowers May 27, 2017 at 6:20 pm

if it was washed with water, the bearing is probably rusted and will need to be cleaned with vinegar as described in the article. Just the bearing, not the whole spinner

15. Cool Cat May 25, 2017 at 12:16 pm

nvm IT WORKED!!!! THX SO MUCH I WAS SOO SCARED

16. Cool Cat May 25, 2017 at 11:43 am

Well i did rust my spinner with using water instead of rubbing alchohol, so i am using your technique to get the rust off. Does it work????

17. Ezra May 24, 2017 at 10:35 am

I have a LED fidget spinner and I took one of the LEDs out and since then it has only been able to spin for roughly 25s

• Beecher Bowers May 25, 2017 at 12:18 pm

It most likely caused the spinner to be off balance. That’s one of the drawbacks to the LED fidget spinners. They all either have to have or not have batteries and the LEDs in them to keep them balanced.

18. rich May 24, 2017 at 10:27 am

Hey thanks for all the info, i have the 6 winged dragon spinner that when horizontal, spins great and for a long time but the second i turn it even slightly vertical, it clicks like crazy. none of the balls are missing (uses a r188 bearing)

• Beecher Bowers May 25, 2017 at 12:22 pm

it may be that the bearing isn’t precision made. Something like this R188 bearing may spin better for you.

19. niki May 23, 2017 at 6:04 pm

What if your spinner broke in half. what do I do to fix it

• Beecher Bowers May 25, 2017 at 12:19 pm

you’ll need to get a new spinner. If glued together, it won’t be properly balanced

20. John May 21, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Hey so i used the technique of soaking in vinegar for 30m and then rinsing in the rubbing alcohol but i tried to cheat my way through it and just dry them and continue, now it seems like it has more rust. I realize that i have messed up but do you think if i repeat the process and do it right it will fix?

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:30 pm

probably. Just be sure to do the alcohol rinse and dry them thoroughly afterwards, using a hairdryer if you want to do it quicker

21. Cup May 20, 2017 at 7:12 pm

I just bought a fidget spinner but i am missing one of the balls idk why. Right now i have 6 balls with one space please help idk if thats normal

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:34 pm

if there’s an empty spot in the bearing where there should be a ball, the bearing wasn’t made correctly. It will throw it off balance. You should replace it. Use the bearing chart in the article to find a good bearing

22. Jayda May 20, 2017 at 6:06 pm

My fidget spinner when I spin it a certain way seems to tighten and it just stops spinning all together and I don’t know if it because I dropped it but It wasn’t hard ground? It’s new and cost a lot of money and I’m freaking out 😣😣

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:35 pm

clean the bearing out well. there might just be a piece of dirt or lint inside causing it to do that

• Jehra May 24, 2017 at 6:00 pm

All you need to do is take out the center bearing and soak it

23. Jaylinn May 20, 2017 at 5:02 pm

i cant take the bearing out of my fidget spinner and its rusty

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:37 pm

what type of spinner is it?

24. Tyler Semler May 19, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Hello, my fidget spinners plastic caps have recently started to fall off very easily. All I have to do is set it down or hardly push up on it and they fall off. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:36 pm

you can get a set of replacement buttons or use a piece of putty or play-do in between the button caps to keep them together

25. Dave May 18, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Beecher, i see all these folks asking questions around broken spinners. I don’t think anyone has thanked you, so thank you 🙂

Cheers

• Beecher Bowers May 19, 2017 at 6:22 am

you’re (all) very welcome!

• Aniya May 21, 2017 at 10:15 am

Hey my brothers has a cut in it and the center keep coming up and out how do I fix it 😑.?

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:32 pm

it’s most likely cracked just enough to allow the bearing to fall out of the middle. You might be able to glue it, but it probably won’t work, or if it does, won’t for long. You’re better off buying a new spinner.

• Abrar May 21, 2017 at 12:51 pm

Hey Beechet, one of my caps don’t come off and don’t spin. What should I do?

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm

if only one of the button halves on the center comes off easily, you might try tapping the stuck piece out from the other side with a pencil

• Diala May 20, 2017 at 10:58 pm

Hey 👋 I just bought a fidget spinner that middle part is just to lose it keep going ik and out I’ve tried everything

• Beecher Bowers May 21, 2017 at 5:33 pm

you might try using a piece of putty or play-do in between the two button halves. It should hold them in well enough to spin it

26. fang May 18, 2017 at 7:38 pm

Hi, my fidget spinner has a crack on the plastic but the bearings are fine. So what should I do?

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 9:27 pm

Save the bearings, both the weight bearings and the center bearing, and buy a new spinner. If you glue the spinner to fix the crack, it will likely make the spinner off balance and keep your spinner from spinning longer

27. Michael May 18, 2017 at 2:30 pm

Hey I got myself a nice TYZEST Spinner Fidget EDC yesterday, and the worst thing I’ve done to it so far is lightly toss it on to my couch. When I picked it back up, it only wanted to spin in one direction. If I try to spin it in the other direction, it locks up and I would have to get John Cena to be able to spin it that way. Not only that, but when I spin it in the direction it wants to go, it only goes for about 5 SECONDS (I’ve timed it). I’m going to try cleaning it like you said above, but I would like to know WHY this is happening because i don’t think it has been mentioned before. Please let me know, thank you!

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 9:29 pm

It sounds like there might be something in the bearing, or, if it’s a ceramic or hybrid bearing, one of the balls might be broken. To make your fidget spinner spin longer, you should probably replace the bearing. Also check the buttons to see if there’s something rubbing on the spinner while it’s spinning

28. unknown May 17, 2017 at 8:09 pm

I am looking for a great spinner for amazon thats $10 or under, any suggestions?

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 8:21 am

you won’t find a “great” spinner for under $10. The main reason for that is the center bearing. A really good bearing is going to cost $8-$10 itself. Now if you want a “great for the money” spinner, you could look at this one. It’s in the $10 range and a decent spinner. It won’t compare to a $30-$50 spinner like one of these or one of these, though.

29. monica May 16, 2017 at 8:10 pm

the little gasket thingys keep falling out of the side bearings making the bearings exposed. can u buy just those little ring covers somewhere?

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 8:25 am

I haven’t found anywhere that sells the rubber seals aside from in bulk. Unless you need 40,000 of them (haha), I would suggest buying a cheap bearing of the same model and swapping the seals. If it’s a 608 size bearing, something like this is what you’d need, and you’d have bearings left over for spinner weights. If you have a machine shop locally, they also might have spares.

30. Walljamm May 16, 2017 at 10:28 am

Hi , for my mistake i dismount my mid bearing , and now all the “balls” are out .. its possible to rebuild it?

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 8:26 am

usually not. Once they’re out, they’re really tough to reassemble.

31. malcolm May 16, 2017 at 5:05 am

trying to make mine go faster I applied oil on my middle bearing I used a hair dryer. What should I do?

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:38 am

You might try removing and rinsing the bearing in rubbing alcohol. If that doesn’t work, soak the bearing in vinegar for about 30min then rinse in rubbing alcohol. A hairdryer may have “cooked” the oil on, but one of those should remove it.

32. Kim May 16, 2017 at 3:33 am

One of my fidget spinner bearings is broken. The middle piece, so the piece that the plastic and ball bearings are around is really messed up. I can literally spin it. Is there a way to fix it or, should I get new bearings.

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:39 am

If a piece of the bearing is visibly broken, your best bet is to buy a new bearing. (use the bearing matrix or chart above)

33. unknown May 16, 2017 at 3:17 am

Do we have to have rubbing alcohol because i do not have

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:40 am

rubbing alcohol is cheapest and easiest to use. Acetone will work, but it’s more expensive, caustic and much more flammable

34. Ajay Bhangu May 15, 2017 at 9:21 pm

Hi, i accidentally put oil on my bearing would vinegar help? I tried rubbing alcohol, it didn’t do much. Thanks in advance.

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:41 am

probably not. Acetone is more caustic and flammable, but may work better

35. Divya May 15, 2017 at 7:12 pm

My fidget spinner isn’t working anymore.the spin speed slowed down to 10 seconds how do I get its spin speed back please help
    Me

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:42 am

it’s best to find out why it slowed down. Go through the cleaning steps as shown in the article and see if it helps

36. Jon vilzon May 15, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Is balsmic vinger ok to clean the bearing?

• Beecher Bowers May 16, 2017 at 6:42 am

apple cider or white vinegar is best.

37. Ashley May 15, 2017 at 10:48 am

I need Help! D: So My fidget spinner was working yesterday and then today It started to get like slower and loose and I really wanna fix it because it’s my first fidget spinner. Please respond and help me fix my fidget spinner

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:19 pm

try the cleaning methods mentioned in the article. If they don’t work, you’ll probably need a new bearing.

38. Matt May 15, 2017 at 10:15 am

Hello. Sorry to bother you, but my spinner(which is a small Atesson infinite spinner with a stainless steel body and brass bearings).A few days ago it spun for 5 minutes, but i got a little bit of water on it and now it is spinning for a little less than 2 minutes.What should i do?

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:21 pm

the bearings may have rusted if the water got into them. follow the instructions in the article for removing rust.

39. memphis May 15, 2017 at 8:23 am

i put wd40 on my fidget spinner bearings and not it wont spin long it spins for 22s

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:21 pm

WD40 is not a lubricant. It’s a water displacer(WD). Soak the bearing(only) in rubbing alcohol for ten minutes or so and it should remove the WD40

40. Balach May 15, 2017 at 1:30 am

I accidentally put my fidget spinner in a glass of water. Now it only spins for 20 to 30 seconds before it did 1 min to 2 min.

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:22 pm

bearings are probably rusted. Soak the center bearing(only) in vinegar for about 30min, then rinse it in rubbing alcohol.

41. Sarah May 13, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Thank you the vinegar soak and rubbing alcohol rinse totally worked!!!

42. Rylee May 13, 2017 at 4:09 pm

I sprayed WD40 on my fidget spinner and it’s spin time has gone down a lot. How can I fix it?

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 6:08 pm

WD40 is not actually a lubricant, it is a water didplacer(hence the WD in the name). Soak the bearing(only) in rubbing alcohol for about 5-10min then dry it completely. It should remove the WD40.

• Teresa Mann May 14, 2017 at 4:13 pm

My son dropped his spinner in tea and it stopped spinning. What’s the best way to fix it?

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:23 pm

the bearings are most likely rusted. Use the instructions in the article to remove the rust.

43. Jessica May 13, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Help me please D: I just put my fidget spinner in a bowl full of vinegar which i just realized i think i wasnt suppose to 🙁 I havent check to see any defects because i dont want to ruin it more 🙁 Please reply back … thanks >.<

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:35 pm

You should be ok. Remove all the bearings. Rinse the body off in water and completely dry it. Rinse the bearings in rubbing alcohol and allow them to completely dry(you can use a hairdryer if you want). Then re-assemble it.

• Jessica May 13, 2017 at 2:49 pm

thanks.. but now that i took it out of the vinegar i see a hairline crack 🙁 sorry to bother u again can you help me again please sorry.. thanks.. >.<

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Vinegar wouldn’t have caused the crack. It could only eat away at the surface(over time), so the crack was already there. You can try to superglue the crack, but depending on the material of your spinner, it may or may not work. With a cracked spinner, you’re better off just getting a new one. You can save the bearing though for a spare.

44. Lee May 13, 2017 at 10:24 am

i have a Zag Toys fidget spinner and i cant get the bearing out of the middle to fix it. Help!!

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:37 pm

use the email address on the contact page(see at top) and send me a picture of it.

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 6:10 pm

It appears the center bearing is a different size than the outer bearings. If they are *all* 608 bearings, you can follow the video at the bottom of the article to tap it out. If it is a smaller bearing, like an r188 size, you;ll need to do the same thing, but use something smaller to tap it out with.

45. Leo May 13, 2017 at 3:41 am

My fidget spinner slows down when I add my spinner cap.
    What do I do?

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:38 pm

It’s possible the bearing is pushed too far in to the spinner and the button is rubbing the spinner as it spins. See if you can align it a little better and if that makes a difference

46. Lee May 12, 2017 at 8:12 pm

i have followed almost every tip on this and my fidget spinner works perfectly

47. Unkown May 12, 2017 at 3:58 pm

How do I fix a craked fidget spinner?

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:39 pm

It’s hard to do it well. You can try glue. It may or may not work, depending on the glue and the material your fidget spinner is made of. It may also throw the spinner off balance.

48. bazomo May 12, 2017 at 3:34 pm

hello great post, was just wondering what oil do you use for the bearings? Mine I had didn’t make any difference, thanks 🙂

• Beecher Bowers May 13, 2017 at 2:40 pm

It’s best not to use any oil. Since fidget spinner bearings aren’t under any weight or heat, the oil may quiet them down, but it usually slows them down too.

49. Derpy Piplup May 11, 2017 at 6:45 am

The bearings (except the center one and one of the outer ones) keep almost falling out. Any way to fix this or put them back into the spinner?

• Beecher Bowers May 11, 2017 at 11:41 am

Glue is the only thing that will fix it.

50. Nita May 10, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Hi – my center piece keeps falling out of my fidget spinner. How can I fix? It’s not just the bearings it is the entire piece.

• Beecher Bowers May 11, 2017 at 11:43 am

Check your spinner body to make sure it’s not cracked or something. If the bearing is falling out, something either broke or stretched the body of it.

51. Timothy May 10, 2017 at 4:13 pm

My center bearing keeps popping out really easily and it may have been because I pushed it out too many times. Is there a way I could make it tighter or something?

• Beecher Bowers May 10, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Make sure you haven’t cracked your spinner body. This causes them to be loose sometimes.

• Jace May 14, 2017 at 1:25 am

Does brown vinegar work the same

• Beecher Bowers May 15, 2017 at 12:23 pm

yes, it should work the same

52. Michael Kowalski May 9, 2017 at 8:02 pm

My friend has a regular plastic spinner but lost one of the caps. They are plastic and pop in. Are there any inexpensive caps that will work without screwing on. The outer bearings are Abec-5 if that helps for size.

• Beecher Bowers May 9, 2017 at 8:09 pm

Abec-5 is the spec tolerance. The higher the Abec rating, the tighter the tolerance(more precisely) the bearing is made.

As for inexpensive buttons, I haven’t found anyplace to buy them inexpensively by themselves. Most sell them with a new spinner body. The good thing about the more expensive buttons are reusable on other spinners you buy down the road

• Ryan Pereira May 10, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I was trying to fix my fidget spinner because it was really loud, but while doing this the ball bearings in the middle fell out and now I can’t put it back together. I would just buy a new bearing but the outside of the bearing is stuck inside of the spinner. Do you recommend anything.

• Beecher Bowers May 10, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Watch the video at the bottom of the article. If it’s a 608 size bearing, You can use a U.S. nickel to knock it out.

• Emily May 11, 2017 at 3:53 am

My son popped the buttons out of the center of his fidget spinner the second day he had the thing. (It looks exactly like the image you have of the white spinner with the buttons removed.) They now will not go back on/stay together. Is there a piece that connects the buttons that is missing? How does it go back together? Or is the thing completely broken already? He’s only 8 so he doesn’t seem to know if a piece is missing and I’m completely stupid about these things!

• Beecher Bowers May 11, 2017 at 11:42 am

Usually, they don’t connect, unless they screw together. If they just press in, but won’t stay together, you might try a small piece of playdo or putty in between them to keep them in.

53. Jocelyn May 9, 2017 at 5:36 pm

I put my fidget spinner in rubbing alcohol to make it quieter but on made it louder and a lot slower. It only spins on the one side for5 seconds what do I do?

• Beecher Bowers May 9, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Only the bearing should be rinsed out in rubbing alcohol, then thoroughly dried. If the entire spinner was rinsed, there’s most likely still alcohol in the spinner and weight bearings

• Giovanni May 17, 2017 at 10:01 pm

How do you make the spinner quieter

• Beecher Bowers May 18, 2017 at 8:16 am

if you’ve cleaned it out, a light oil is the only thing you can do to make it quieter. Oil will, however slow it down. The best way to have a quiet spinner is to buy a high-quality bearing. The higher the ABEC rating, the more precisely the parts were made and they’ll be quieter when spinning.

54. Troy May 9, 2017 at 1:16 pm

Hey, one of my bearings is slightly lighter than the other two. How can i fix this? Thanks!

• Beecher Bowers May 9, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Replacing all three with the same model bearing would be best. You can use real cheap bearings for the weights, as long as they’re the right size

55. Gannah May 8, 2017 at 12:04 pm

MY spinner worked so good after rubbing in alchol but can I use lubricants to make it faster or no it will make it slower

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I would not lubricate it. It may quiet it down, but even light oil will slow it down a little too.

• Tadhg May 9, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Hello of I spray paint my fidget spinner will it work correctly and will the spray paint stick?

• Beecher Bowers May 9, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Most likely will not stick, but It depends on the material. As for working, as long as you remove the bearings prior and don’t get spray paint inside where the bearings fit in, the spinner would still work, but Again, the paint most likely won’t stick

56. Anonymous May 8, 2017 at 8:59 am

My bearing isnt spinning as well anymore and i wanted to change it anyways but idk how to get it out, can you hlep me? I have a brass tri torqbar style spinner,
    . Thx!

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 9:09 am

what’s the brand and model of the fidget spinner?

• Anonymous May 8, 2017 at 9:50 am

I am unsure, do you want pics or perhaps a similar (probably the same) product link?

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 10:00 am

please do. send both to the email address on the contact page. Thanks!

• Anonymous May 8, 2017 at 10:30 am

This was the most like mine (same looking caps, cpsame case ect…) hope it helps!

• Anonymous May 8, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Never ind, i jave figured out how to remove my bearing, tho thanks for your help and this article because now i can select a bearing with ease.

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 12:19 pm

That model looks like the button unscrews. The two halves should unscrew from each other. After that, you may be able to press the bearing out or there may be a lockring you have to remove. It will look like a ring around the bearing with a notch cut in opposite sides. You’d need to then unscrew that lockring to remove the bearing

57. Monica Rarick May 8, 2017 at 7:29 am

Why is my fidget spinner so loud when I spin it? How do I get it to spin quietly?

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 9:08 am

some ceramic bearings are loud by nature. Generally, they’re noisier than steel ball bearings, but they also spin longer. If it’s a steel ball bearing, try cleaning it out as described in the article and see if you can get it quieter.

58. MC May 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm

One of the black washers on my spinner fell out and I lost it, I have an extra bearing with black washers, how can I take out the black washer out of the extra bearing.

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 9:07 am

If you mean the black rubber seal on the side(s) of the bearing, just stick a toothpick, or tip of a knifeblade under the edge and slowly work it around the edge to pop it out.

59. Khadija May 7, 2017 at 8:02 pm

my fidget spinner was making noise so i put a small amount of wd-40 in the bearing but now it only spins for about 30 seconds. how do i fix this? it is a 608-2RS

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 9:06 am

remove the bearing and thoroughly rinse it in rubbing alcohol or acetone(acetone is more caustic and flammable, though). It should get the wd-40 off

60. Owen May 7, 2017 at 9:29 am

I just recently bought a fidget spinner and the 3 outer bearings started to show rust and it keeps getting worse. they are full metal bearings and not plastic covered bearings. How can I get rid of the rust?

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:14 pm

soak the bearing (only) in vinegar for about 20-30min, then rinse in rubbing alcohol.

• OneMoreRun123 May 7, 2017 at 3:58 pm

I used WD-40 on my fidget spinner. The average spin time was 4:40 secs. When we put it in the middle bearing, it seemed fine. But when we timed it to see if it would spin longer, it span for 1:37 seconds. Can you tell me what to do. Contact me only at Fri after 3:10 and sat and Sunday

• Beecher Bowers May 8, 2017 at 9:05 am

youll need to remove the wd-40 from the bearing. Take the bearing out of your spinner and rinse it in rubbing alcohol. Your spinner will run better without the oil, and the alcohol should get it off.

• Owen May 7, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Thanks 🙂

61. Gannah May 7, 2017 at 7:01 am

I added sunflower oil to my bearing but now the time of spinning becomes less it kept spinning for 3 minutes but after adding the oil it keeps spinning maximum 30 seconds can I solve this problem please I want to play with my fidget as fast as I can thanks

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:14 pm

pop the bearing out, spray it off with WD-40 over a sink or something then rinse well in rubbing alcohol.

62. Caden Richards May 6, 2017 at 8:37 pm

So recently I wanted to clean my middle hearing out and make it spin faster, but I used vinegar for a hybrid ceramic bearing (Yomaxer) and for some reason it was rusted or something. I know isopropyl alcohol might work. Plz comment back on how to fix this problem.

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:13 pm

you will need to soak in vinegar then immediately rinse in rubbing alcohol. Hybrid ceramic has some steel and it most likely rusted.

63. 12 Year Old Girl May 6, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Hey my spinner’s button caps won’t come out of the spinner. Is it glued to the actual spinner? I’m curious. HELP.

P.S. I am only twelve years old. What should I tell my parents to do?

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:12 pm

some spinners have threaded buttons and you will need to unscrew the two halves. What brand/model is the spinner?

64. leonardo May 6, 2017 at 1:34 pm

how bout if the balls fell out of the bearing

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:11 pm

if the balls fell out of the bearing, it is possible to get back together, but very difficult.

65. Sarah white May 6, 2017 at 7:42 am

I dipped my spinner in water and soap multiple times to clean it it now will only spin for a couple seconds. Is there anything I can do to fix this without buying a new middle for my spinner? Please reply 🙂
    Thanks

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm

try the vinegar soak and alcohol rinse described above and see if it helps.

66. Uriel May 5, 2017 at 4:08 pm

how do i make my fidget spinner faster with out new bearings

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:10 pm

cleaning it, as described should help.

67. Khang Nguyen May 4, 2017 at 7:55 pm

I don’t have access to rubbing alcohol, canned air, and vinegar, so I can’t clean my bearings. I searched on Google for alternatives for rubbing alcohol and found vinegar (which I don’t have), skin sanitizer, and bleach. Can I use skin sanitizer or bleach to clean my bearings? If not, what other options is helpful?

• Beecher Bowers May 5, 2017 at 6:50 am

Skin sanitizer will have other stuff in it, and bleach is pretty caustic. It also doesn’t dry as cleanly as rubbing alcohol.

68. Striker May 3, 2017 at 1:44 pm

I bought a spinner and the bearings of the sides dont spin but the center one does. How can I make them spin?

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:55 pm

On most spinners, the outer bearings are used only for weight(inertia). Unless they are linked to the center bearing, they aren’t meant to spin.

69. meagan May 3, 2017 at 11:21 am

how can your spinnen turn faster

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:56 pm

clean it as described in the article. Dirt, dust or lint will cause it to spin slower

• Dont trip123 May 4, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Hi i was wondering how you can rinse the middle bearings after you soak it in vinager if you dont have alchohal

• Beecher Bowers May 7, 2017 at 3:16 pm

only other thing is acetone, but it’s pretty caustic and flammable. Rubbing alcohol is cheapest and safest method

70. Jesse May 3, 2017 at 9:20 am

I hydro dipped my fidget spinner and now it doesn’t work how can I fix it?

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:56 pm

did you dip the center bearing with it? That will prevent it from spinning, and you’d only be able to replace the bearing.

• Jesse May 3, 2017 at 4:43 pm

I took all the bearings out but I think when I dipped it I forgot to put my finger in the middle hole if that made sense

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Does the bearing fit back in? If not, you’ll need to cut the layer of dip off the center to fit the bearing back in.

• Jesse May 3, 2017 at 5:15 pm

It fits fine but still won’t spin do I need a new bearing?

• Beecher Bowers May 4, 2017 at 5:29 am

Will the bearing spin while it’s out of the spinner? If it spins outside of the spinner, but not when it’s installed, the hydrodip might be rubbing on the buttons that fit over your center bearing to spin it.
          If it won’t spin while removed from the spinner, you’ll need a new bearing

• Jesse May 4, 2017 at 9:05 am

Thanks you are really helpful (:

71. caleb May 2, 2017 at 10:36 pm

how do you improve a bearing that would only spin for about 10 seconds????. I have an ABEC7 bearing

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:57 pm

ABEC is the tolerance of the specs. This means an ABEC 11 bearing is more precisely made and fit than an ABEC 7. Try cleaning it, but a more precisely made bearing will spin better, in general

72. Rick May 2, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Hey, can you suggest good fidget spinner from Amazon that is as cheap as possible?

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:59 pm

If you’re looking for cheap, this one is less than $3. You will get what you pay for, though.

• Rick May 4, 2017 at 12:40 am

ok, thankyou

• Beecher Bowers May 4, 2017 at 5:30 am

Also, follow the link at the top of the post to my other article about spinners, there’s a list of decent and cheaper spinners there too.

73. Caleb May 2, 2017 at 8:28 pm

I just bought my spinner today and I realized it makes more noise than it should, I popped out the middle bearing and it doesn’t seem to be rusted, and one of the outer bearings is lighter than the others. I also noticed that it doesn’t soon as long as it should. Any advice?

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:32 pm

If one of the outer bearings really is lighter, you should notice a wobble or jerky side-to-side motion when it’s spinning. You can try using compressed air to clean the bearing, then rinse it in rubbing alcohol. Dry it completely before reinstalling it.

• Telma May 2, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Which alcohol is best to remove wd40 in ceramic bearing

• Beecher Bowers May 3, 2017 at 2:59 pm

common rubbing alcohol works well. (70% Isopropyl – not sure that’s spelled right)

74. Joey May 2, 2017 at 8:10 pm

I spilled water on my fidget spinner and now it makes a loud sound when I spin it, and it spins for a slower amount of time. Also I can’t get the center bearing out at all in order to clean it. Can I soak the entire spinner in vinegar without damaging it??

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:38 pm

A vinegar soak may negatively affect the plastic (and/or paint) on the spinner. I wouldn’t recommend soaking the entire thing.

75. Michael Kowalski May 2, 2017 at 8:07 pm

Thank you for the advice on cleaning the bearing. Now it can spin up to 5 minutes. How long will it be until I will have to repeat this process?

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:33 pm

It depends on use and environment.

76. Edward May 2, 2017 at 4:54 pm

i put wd-40 on my ceramic bearing for my fidget spinner to make it fast and it made it slower. how can this be fixed?

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm

remove the bearing, rinse in alcohol, dry completely and replace it back into the spinner.

77. lexi May 2, 2017 at 4:09 pm

how do i fix the caps if they came off?

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:34 pm

you can try a small piece of putty in between them as a short-term fix. Otherwise, you might get a set of replacement buttons (see link above bearing replacement chart). They can be re-used with other spinners too

78. Alicia Stewart May 2, 2017 at 2:43 pm

How do I clean the bearings (rust) if they don’t come out????

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:35 pm

If they won’t come out, there isn’t a very good way to clean rust off them, as vinegar or other solvents may adversely affect the plastic of the spinner (or paint if it’s metal).

79. Nick May 1, 2017 at 11:03 pm

I put oil on mine to make it go faster, but it goes SO much slower, why? How can i fix it?

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm

remove the bearing and rinse in alcohol to take the oil off. air dry or blow dry with a hair dryer

80. Telma May 1, 2017 at 10:41 pm

I put wd40 on my ceramic bearing and it slowed down, and i tried to take off as much wd40 and it still slowed how can fix this problem

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 8:36 pm

remove the bearing, rinse it around in rubbing alcohol. It should take the wd-40 off. Acetone does a better job but is quite flammable and has bad fumes

81. FALCO May 1, 2017 at 2:15 pm

how do you get grease out of a long board barring?
    #please help

• Beecher Bowers May 1, 2017 at 2:20 pm

Remove the bearing, rinse it in alcohol or acetone(more flammable, though) air dry it or use a hair dryer.

• Maz May 1, 2017 at 3:05 pm

Dip the end of a Q-Tip in rubbing alcohol then rub it on the bearing.

82. Michael Kowalski May 1, 2017 at 8:24 am

In my hybrid stainless steel ceramic bearing, there are 7 balls and stick together on one side. I have tried graphite, WD-40, soap, canola oil, and now has isopropenyl alcohol. It came 7 minutes out of the box but can’t hit 2 minutes now. The spinner is Apsung spinner. What do I do??

• Beecher Bowers May 1, 2017 at 8:28 am

Pop out the bearing. Soak it in vinegar for about 30min. This will remove any rust that might be present on the bearing(since it’s hybrid, the outer and inner ring are steel). Rinse the bearing in rubbing alcohol to get any remnants of the vinegar and other materials off. Use a hair dryer to dry it completely before putting it back in. The alcohol is used just to rinse the rest of the stuff out, and it dries quickly without rusting, unlike water.

83. Emily April 30, 2017 at 10:00 am

Hi, my center pieces fall out all the time. How can I fix this?

• Beecher Bowers April 30, 2017 at 12:39 pm

If they’re plastic, they’re just loose and there’s not much you can do to help it, unless you want to stick a small piece of putty in between the pieces to hold them together. The best option is to replace the caps (here’s a link to a set). The replacement caps can be reused as well, if you get a new spinner down the road.

• riley May 11, 2017 at 7:50 pm

what if my center piece is metal and the balls are plastic looking? Would i do the same thing or no

• Beecher Bowers May 11, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Yes. You can do the same. It sounds like you have hybrid ceramic bearings. The balls are actually ceramic and the rings are metal.

84. Gehon Gucci April 29, 2017 at 4:58 pm

So I got my fidget spinner like two days ago, it was alright until I put paint on it then It started to vibrate and only spun for 40 seconds. I cleaned out the outer 3 bearings, and popped out the center bearing but made a crack. I put glue on the crack to make it better. I used oil yesterday to try and clean it and it made I worse. Today I used acetone and now it’s silent but only spins for 20 seconds.

• Beecher Bowers April 30, 2017 at 12:41 pm

When it’s cracked and glued, it will be off balance. This will cause it to spin for shorter periods of time.

85. Dyemo April 29, 2017 at 7:48 am

Hi is there anyway to fix my spinner every time I spin and jump it to my other finger the bearing drops out even if I drop it on a soft surface and not high pls help

• Beecher Bowers April 30, 2017 at 12:42 pm

If the entire center bearing is popping out, there’s a good chance you have a small crack in the body of your fidget spinner. If it’s just the button dropping off, you can get replacement buttons.

86. IFTIKHAR April 29, 2017 at 12:41 am

I put my fidgit spinner in the water to see how it works in water. It now spins for a less time and makes a noise can anybody help please!!???

• Beecher Bowers April 30, 2017 at 12:43 pm

it’s probably rusted. Soak in vinegar for a half hour, then rinse in rubbing alcohol. It will get most of the rust off. Then repeat once more.

• Matiss May 2, 2017 at 1:31 pm

do i put the hole thing in vinegar or just the bearing??????

• Beecher Bowers May 2, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Just the bearing

87. Logan April 28, 2017 at 8:14 pm

How do I get the middle bearings out? I need to wash mine and I can’t get it out!

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 9:18 pm

Usually, it can be pressed out with your thumbs. Some may have retainer caps though. If you can see the outer rim of the bearing, on both sides, it should push out. Some take a good deal of pressing, and I’ve heard of some that are glued, but it’s not common

• Roni April 30, 2017 at 8:54 am

Hey, i dont have rubbing alcohol and i think the inside part on my bearing is rusted (i tried to get the noise off with water, i know im dumb) can i just soak it in vinegar or do i need rubbing alcohol, i dont have any.

• Beecher Bowers April 30, 2017 at 12:39 pm

rubbing alcohol is the cheapest, most available method. Acetone will work, but it’s flammable and not as readily available.

88. alena April 28, 2017 at 7:08 pm

yeah sure I want to bey ceramic bearings so if you could sell a ceramic bearing that would be awesome!

89. Braden April 28, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Hi, I just got my fidget spinner a few days ago and its already load when i spin it. It spins great, just I wish i could make it spin quietly again so I can use it on my math test Monday. I have some rubbing “70% Isopropyl Alcohol” and some “Humco Hydrogen Peroxide”. I don’t really know what to do! PLEASE HELP!

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 7:54 pm

If it’s a ceramic bearing, it’s going to whir a little. Either way, you can remove the bearing, clean it out with a can of air(optional), then rinse it in the rubbing alcohol. Just swish it around for 30sec or so. Then Air dry it or use a hairdryer to dry it off quicker.

90. Brandon April 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Can vinegar melt a plastic fidget spinner?

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 3:00 pm

I suppose it’s possible over time. I haven’t tried it myself. It would probably eat away at it rather than melting it though. The bearing should be removed and soaked itself.

91. Kevin April 28, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I have one that I bought (cheap one) and after about 1 week the bearings are starting to grind.
    I soaked it in Isopropyl Alcohol for about 5 minutes and dried it off with some compressed air. It didn’t get any better after that, is there anything else that I could try?

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 2:36 pm

If it was cheap, you might be best getting a new bearing.

92. MK April 27, 2017 at 9:37 pm

Beecher Bowers? My fidget spinner makes a screeching sound when I washed mine on water, because it was oily. What should I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Hi Mk, it is probably rusted internally. Try soaking in vinegar for 30min, then rinse in rubbing alcohol. If that doesn’t solve it, you will probably need a new bearing.

• MK April 28, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Thank you~!

93. King April 27, 2017 at 8:52 pm

My spinner makes a scratchy sound but it spins for about 3 minutes, I took the cap off and there’s a little rust on the top of the bearing but its not far enough in the bearing to effect it I guess, what should I do? Use compressed air or rubbing alcohol?

• Beecher Bowers April 28, 2017 at 2:35 pm

if it’s just surface rust on the outside of the bearing, steel wool should remove it. Just remove it, rinse it in alcohol afterwards and let it dry completely before putting it back in.

94. ADAM April 27, 2017 at 6:37 pm

Is there an easy way to get the edge bearings out and not damage the spinner?

• Beecher Bowers April 27, 2017 at 6:40 pm

Usually, they will press out just like the center bearing. They may be a little tighter or looser of a fit though. Some inexpensive fidget spinners will use bearings that are slightly off-spec for weights

95. Stephanie April 27, 2017 at 12:14 pm

Hi, my son left his spinner in his pants pocket and it went through the washer and dryer with the laundry. He said it doesn’t soon wrote right now. Anything we can do to fix it?

• Beecher Bowers April 27, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Remove the center bearing by pressing it out with your thumbs. Soak the bearing in vinegar for about 30min, then rinse with rubbing alcohol. It should get some or most of the rust out. You can air dry or use a hair dryer to dry it.
      If it helps, try the soak/rinse once more. If it still won’t spin right, you can use the bearing chart above to replace the bearing. A COMPLETELY ceramic bearing (The VXB models in the chart)won’t rust if it gets wet.

96. linda April 27, 2017 at 8:58 am

I took the caps off to clean the spinner. Now spins great. But, when I place the caps back on the spinner, slows down again. Should I replace the caps?

• Beecher Bowers April 27, 2017 at 12:18 pm

You can. First, you might check clearance between the caps and bearing to see if it’s rubbing someplace. (link to replacement caps are near the bottom of my post, above)

97. Irfan April 26, 2017 at 1:13 pm

I have no clue as to what the model of my spinner is… It says 608RS on one weight and the others are 608ZZ, Can you help me out to make my spinner more fast and spin for a lot of time? Thanks

• Beecher Bowers April 26, 2017 at 8:27 pm

608RS means it’s a 608 bearing with a rubber gasket on the side. The 608Z or ZZ is the same sized bearing, it just has metal on the sides, rather than rubber. If some of your bearing weights have metal gaskets and others have rubber, it may throw it off balance and reduce spin time. Replacing all of them with matching weight bearings should improve it.

98. Heman April 26, 2017 at 11:46 am

Hello, I wanted to know if i could speed up my steel bearing fidget spinner because I put wd40 lubricant inside the bearings. It fixed the sound, however it became slower. Then I decided to clean it with hand soap and water but it didn’t help. If there are any solutions I would be grateful. Thanks.

• Beecher Bowers April 26, 2017 at 8:30 pm

You can use alcohol(preferred) or acetone(more flammable) to rinse the bearing and remove the oil.

• Heckspress April 27, 2017 at 9:27 am

Buy new bearings. Ceramic center, stell weights.

99. Cody April 26, 2017 at 10:02 am

Hello, my spinner only spins for 3 seconds, and the other night i accidently slept on it, im thinking it broke or it rusted cause i washed with water. (I am SO stupid!) i just bought it and i am very young, what do i do?

• Beecher Bowers April 26, 2017 at 10:15 am

Hi Cody, thanks for commenting. First, you’re not stupid. That’s how we learn! As long as you learned something from it, you’ll come out ahead in the long run.

Ask your parents to remove the bearing and soak it in vinegar for about 30minutes. After that, have them rinse it in rubbing alcohol to get the vinegar off. They can then dry it with a hairdryer or let it air dry. That should get at least some of the rust off. Just make sure it’s completely dry before putting it back into your spinner. You might ask them to try going through the whole process once if it made a difference the first time.

• Aurora April 26, 2017 at 10:45 am

Hi i just bought a fidget spinner and i dropped some water on it so its rusted but i dont have any rubbing achol how doit clean it!!

• Beecher Bowers April 26, 2017 at 10:48 am

Rubbing alcohol is the cheapest method. Acetone is more caustic and requires more $ to buy and more care to use. It might be easier for you to replace it with a ceramic bearing like the VXB in the chart above.

• Spence Hanna April 26, 2017 at 7:40 pm

I put to much oil on my spinner and it only spins for 15 seconds. And I can’t take the bearing out. What do I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 26, 2017 at 8:24 pm

If you can remove your spinner button and see the inside of the bearing, you may be able to wick the oil off the bearing with the edge of a paper towel. It won’t get all of it out, but it may reduce it enough to improve spin time

100. Cade April 25, 2017 at 6:56 pm

I have abec-7 bearings, as I able to take them out without breaking? And if so, what do I take out the bearings with?

• Beecher Bowers April 25, 2017 at 7:19 pm

abec-7 is a rating used to describe the tolerance of precision. They higher the abec rating, the more precise the fit. Removal and method will depend on the spinner itself. Standard plastic spinners will usually let you pop the bearing out with your thumbs or with a nickel as in the video above.

101. Derrk April 25, 2017 at 4:57 pm

I need help, my spinner is wobbling and vibrating a little?!? Is there a fix with no replacements?

• Beecher Bowers April 25, 2017 at 7:20 pm

If you clean it and it still wobbles, probably not.

102. Unicorns April 25, 2017 at 9:51 am

Today I dropped my spinner and two of the black washers fell out and a metal covering that was inside. I put the two washers in but I couldn’t find the metal cover and now it only spins for like 5 seconds and stops. HELLLLPPPP

• Beecher Bowers April 25, 2017 at 7:21 pm

use the email address on my contact page(at top) and send me a pic of all parts

• Beecher Bowers April 24, 2017 at 3:12 pm

It’s only $9 with shipping, and it’s shipped directly from China. It’s probably not going to have the quality control it should, for that cost. Just remember, with electronic parts, it’s also something else to break. I don’t have one of those in my stock of spinners, but I am guessing there’s a battery in each lighted section, another future cost to remember.

All that said, even if all teh batteries die, you should still be able to replace the main bearing, should it have a problem.

103. Spencer R April 24, 2017 at 12:21 pm

For my spinner, I want to take out the round bearings on my spinner. How can I do it easily without breaking it?

• Beecher Bowers April 24, 2017 at 3:13 pm

If you mean the bearings on the end of each arm of your spinner, that serve as weights, you should be able to press them out. If not, you can try the nickel method I demonstrate in the video. Most bearings aren’t glued to the spinner.

104. Hudson April 23, 2017 at 6:15 pm

Hi I dropped my spinner and it will only spin for 30 seconds what should I do

• Beecher Bowers April 24, 2017 at 9:32 am

If it’s ceramic, theres a chance it broke. Steel won’t break as easily, but either type could have picked up dirt or lint or something when it fell. Try cleaning it out.

105. Jamie Raybone April 23, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Is there any other alternative to rubbing alcohol

• Beecher Bowers April 24, 2017 at 9:34 am

You could try acetone, but be careful it’s very flammable and can irritate your skin, and do even worse on your eyes if it splashes in them.

106. Ashley Labra April 22, 2017 at 8:25 pm

I just bought a fidget spinner today, and while I was spinning it I dropped it on the floor but I was in a place with a lot of people so I didn’t notice if it made any noises it didn’t before. When I got home and I started spinning it I noticed it was making a noise it didn’t before, it sounds like metal rubbing against metal and I tried cleaning it but that didn’t work. Should I be considered that I may have broken a bearing?

• Beecher Bowers April 22, 2017 at 8:33 pm

Its possible, especially if the bearing is ceramic. If its not, there’s also the chance that part of the bearing retainer ring cracked. That ring is what spaces the ball bearings inside the assembly. Its also possible it just got pocket lint in it.

107. Mich April 22, 2017 at 7:19 am

I dropped my spinner in water by accident, when i try spinning it again after its dry, its speed decreased alot and eventually stops , any thought on how to fix it ?

• Beecher Bowers April 23, 2017 at 12:35 pm

It’s most likely rusted. Try the vinegar removal trick I mention in the article. If it doesn’t work, you’ll need a new bearing

108. Ricardo April 21, 2017 at 8:52 pm

I just bought my spinner off a website and the spinner wont to wobble every time I spin it.How do I fix this!

• Beecher Bowers April 23, 2017 at 12:33 pm

It’s most likely the bearing. Inexpensive spinners often skimp on the bearing quality, as they’re the most expensive part of it.

109. Stephanie April 21, 2017 at 8:04 am

Hi, my son’s spinner went through the wash and ended up in the drier before I realized it. Now he says it doesn’t spin right. Any advice on how to fix this? Thanks!

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 8:58 am

Pop out the bearing, Let it dry completely. After it’s dry, give it a soak in vinegar for about 30 minutes. That should take out any fine rust that may have formed. Rinse it thoroughly in rubbing alcohol and let it air dry, or use a blow dryer on it. If that doesn’t work, he may need a new bearing. (see chart above)

• Saad Siddiqui April 22, 2017 at 12:05 pm

Quick question: I bought a couple of spinners from Amazon (cheap knockoffs) and all of them except one have the same sized bearings in each hole. The excluded one had the three bearings but the center hole was smaller and had to 2 foil like strands that were shaped into a circle (probably the “ball” bearings). These snapped right when I tugged on them and I wanted to know if there’s a smaller size for bearings that might fit into the center? Shall I send a picture?

• Beecher Bowers April 22, 2017 at 8:34 pm

Yes. Please do. Ill take a look. Make sure all removed parts are pictured

110. Brent Ramayya April 20, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Please help, I have a plastic spinner with one of those ball bearings in the middle and when I took it out, the metal ring on the outer side is still stuck in the place where the bearing should be. How do I get it out?

• Beecher Bowers April 27, 2017 at 12:19 pm

use the nickel trick shown in the video at the bottom of the article

111. AMAL SUDEESH April 20, 2017 at 2:57 pm

My one of the arm bearings slightly came out and i cant put it back.
    Pls help me

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:02 am

If it’s just partially out, lay the arm flat on a counter or something with the part of the bearing that’s out, pointing up. lay a block of wood or a hardback book over the bearing and use your fist to thump it a few times back into place.

112. Kden Williams April 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

it also has a little like ridge around the outside of where the bearing goes when i try to spin it with the ridge down it doesnt spin very well at all but the other side works great

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:03 am

That’s usually a bad bearing. Inexpensive spinners often have this problem.

113. Kden Williams April 20, 2017 at 1:19 pm

My fidget spinner has two arms and on one side it spins really well but when i flip it over it spins for 5-7 seconds at most and how do i keep the bearing from falling out. please help me

114. George April 19, 2017 at 11:45 pm

So oiled my ceramic bearing thinking it will make it faster and spin longer and it did for a little but now my spin time went from 2 mins to 17 seconds. What should I do? Should I clean it with alcohol to remove the WD-40 or is it over for this bearing?

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:04 am

I would try the alcohol rinse prior to replacing the bearing. It’s cheaper. If you replace it, go with the yellow jacket bearings from the chart, if they’re the right size.

115. Mike April 19, 2017 at 9:29 pm

One of the plastic caps on a bearing on my spinner has become loose and keeps popping off. What caused this and how do I fix it?

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:07 am

Replacement spinner buttons are the way to go. You can reuse them down the road. 608 size | 2nd 608 size | 606 size

116. HELP ME April 19, 2017 at 9:03 pm

I just got my fidget spinner and I have noticed that one of the outside bearings are heavier than the other two. How do I fix it so it would all be the same weight?

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:08 am

Replace all three. Buy a set of cheap bearings that are the right size. These are cheap 608 size that will work fine as the outer bearings.

117. David Rodriguez April 19, 2017 at 5:50 pm

I got my spinner yesterday and it was spinning just fine and now it’s not spinning for the same amount of time as it did yesterday and every time it stops spinning it makes sort of a scratchy noise.

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 7:55 pm

try cleaning it out with compressed air

118. Jordan April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm

I need help. I have an infinite spin precision spinner. It’s all metal with r188 bearings. It has screw on buttons and idk what happened but I can unscrew the bottom button to reveal the metal cap on top of the bearing but I can’t unscrew the top button. I want to clean my bearings but I can’t unscrew it. Help me? 🙁

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 7:55 pm

Does the metal cap on top the bearing have a slot in it? You should be able to unscrew the bearing cap with a coin. Try tapping the stuck cap out with the eraser end of a pencil.

119. Prince Reverse April 19, 2017 at 3:04 pm

I took apart my spinner trying to clean it, and there are a couple issues now
    1. I accidentally banged the finger-pad and now it is stuck to the middle bearing part.
    2.i cannot get the little balls back in place.
    3. I can’t get the ring out of the spinner

Please help me with this, it means a lot to me

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 3:09 pm

1. You might try tapping it out from the other side of the bearing with the eraser end of a pencil
      2. The little balls should be kept in the bearing. The bearing assembly needs to come out as one piece. It’s not easy to get it back together
      3. Same as #2, but you might try tapping it out as shown in the video at the bottom of the article.

You’ll probably need to get a new bearing

• Jake April 20, 2017 at 8:50 pm

The metal balls fell out of the plastic bearing wheel of my new fidget spinner. Any tips on putting it back together? We cannot get the metal balls to seat properly to allow the finger buttons to snap back together.

• Beecher Bowers April 21, 2017 at 9:00 am

It’s really hard to get them back together and have them spin smoothly. I would order a pack of new bearings so you can replace it and have spares. If they’re the right size, the Yellow Jackets work well.

120. Hayden Cashat April 19, 2017 at 1:20 am

I have an all metal fidget spinner. The center bearing is different than the three arm bearings. The caps unscrew to reveal a little metal ring that cover the center bearing. I dropped the spinner and now this center ring comes undone and the bearing presses against one of the caps and had a spin time of a few seconds. BTW, the center bearing is a R188 Stainless Bearing I think. Do you have any suggestions for my problem? I think that if I bought a new bearing the little ring still wouldn’t stay in place correctly.

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 5:34 am

Send me a pic of the center bearing and the little ring you mentioned. Use the email address on my contact page. I’ll see what can be done

121. Ethan April 18, 2017 at 10:51 pm

My spinner is really squeaky when it used to not be. Any ways to fix that without affecting the spin time or speed?.

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 5:31 am

You can try cleaning it out (compressed air, then rubbing alcohol rinse). A light oil will stop the squeak, but will affect spin time.

122. Braeden April 18, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Hi! I just got my fidget spinner today, and I didn’t realize it in the store or out in public because of all the noise around me, (cars, people, etc.) but when I got into a quiteter place, I started using it again and I noticed a wierd hissing sound. I watched a few YouTube videos of people showing off their fidget spinners and they never made this wierd hissing sound. Any suggestions on what to do?

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 5:30 am

Usually, if they hiss, they’re ceramic bearings. Steel bearings won’t hiss, but generally won’t spin as long.

123. Richard graetz April 18, 2017 at 8:34 pm

why won’t my bearing fit anymore in my fidget spinner.I pushed it out so I could hydro dip but in one of the places it won’t fit properly.

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 5:37 am

Not positive, but some of the dip may have gotten into the area where the bearing fits in. They’re made with tight tolerances and even a layer of hydro will keep them from fitting back in.

124. Sean April 18, 2017 at 3:16 pm

I have a torquebar spinner. After one day it decided to not spin very well on one side but still spins great on the other side?
    Not sure what the problem might be.

Thanks,

• Beecher Bowers April 19, 2017 at 5:35 am

I’ve had that experience with less expensive bearings. Usually, it’s the way the bearing is assembled.

125. Henry April 18, 2017 at 4:09 am

I lost my button in my fidget spinner please tell me what to do

• Beecher Bowers April 18, 2017 at 3:03 pm

You can order new replacement buttons that can be reused on like-sized fidget spinners

126. Brandon April 18, 2017 at 2:42 am

I’ve been searching Google for a solution for a 2 “armed” spinner that doesn’t spin on a traditional skateboard or scooter bearing, but a very small, metal bearing. I can’t find an exact name for it but here’s a link: http://amzn.to/2pyLTnv though I believe it’s called a Xinzistar as shown in the link, but when you click it, it’s labeled deifferently. When I first got it, it worked perfectly, having an average spin time around 2:15-2:30 holding it from both sides, but soon when holding it from one of the sides, the spin time became around 8-14 seconds, while holding it the other way it stayed the original spin time. When I push down hard on the cap it makes a clicking noise and then works normally again, but in a few minutes goes back to the broken state. Any solutions?

• Beecher Bowers April 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm

If you’re able to send me a pic of the bearing(use the email on the contact page at the top) I might be able to find out what the problem is.

127. clayton April 17, 2017 at 9:07 pm

The balls fell out on one of the outside bearings I don’t have a clue how to put them back in

• Beecher Bowers April 18, 2017 at 3:07 pm

If they’re the same, you might replace your center bearing and put the old one on the outside. Send me a pic (using email address on my contact page) and I’ll see if there’s a way to reassemble. Usually, they don’t go in easily though

128. Matt April 17, 2017 at 3:05 pm

I got my spinner today and after spinning it for an hour or so, one of the arm bearing gaskets came off. Is there any way I can get it to stay back on without buying a new one?

• Beecher Bowers April 17, 2017 at 3:09 pm

If it’s a rubber gasket, just carefully use a knife blade or something to slip the edge back under the bearing rim. If it’s a metal gasket, there’s a C ring that came installed with it. You have to put the gasket in, then fit the c-ring back in to hold it in place. If it’s a press-fit metal gasket (you’ll see little “cuts” into the gasket all the way around), you can press it back in, but it may be bent enough that it won’t stay

129. Cameron April 17, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Mine spinner got wet and it rusted so I used brake cleaner, WD-40, and other different types of lubricants and it made it quiter and it spins a little bit better and longer but not perfect.

130. Dylan April 17, 2017 at 12:45 pm

I got my fidget yesterday, it still spins for about a minute and a half but all of a sudden when i make it ramp sideways back and forth, it makes a grinding and rackety noise. Any solutions?

• Beecher Bowers April 17, 2017 at 12:59 pm

It’s the bearing. It’s pretty common for that noise to be heard when they’re ramped as it torques pretty hard on them.

131. Sydney April 16, 2017 at 11:37 am

I accidentally dropped my spinner in a hot tube while playing with it the next morning it won’t spin. How do I get rid of rust

• Beecher Bowers April 16, 2017 at 1:07 pm

I’ve found just recently that you can try soaking the bearing in vinegar for about a half-hour, then rinse it in rubbing alcohol. The vinegar can remove a good bit of the rust as it’s really acidic. If once doesn’t do it, try repeating.

• Beecher Bowers April 16, 2017 at 1:12 pm

Sometimes a soak in vinegar for about a half-hour, then a rinse in alcohol can remove it. Try repeating the alcohol rinse if the first time doesn’t take care of it.

132. FIGETER April 16, 2017 at 7:37 am

Just a question, what do the bearings on the rim of a tri spinner do? (PLASTIC)

• Beecher Bowers April 16, 2017 at 7:44 am

If you mean a spinner that has three “arms” on it, those bearings are just weight for inertia. Usually these bearings are slightly off-spec where they won’t spin well enough to be a center bearing. On less expensive bearings, their measurements may even be off just a hair.

133. Happystarcat3 April 14, 2017 at 9:40 am

My figit spinner is vibrating to the touch it wont spin as long as it should.when i opened the tow caps i noticed rust on them. But the night before i tried putting it under some water to see if the spinner would spin the water around. i didn’t dry it after that the next morning witch is now i noticed the rust. now it is vibrating again and i wondered if the water influenced this. Now i am trying everything i can to get the rust off. i finally got it off but the figit still would not work. I am at a lost and have no idea what to do now. i could not understand your instructions either. HELP ME AND MY FIGIT.

• Beecher Bowers April 14, 2017 at 6:58 pm

You should replace the bearing. Don’t get them wet. They never dry completely and will rust first.

• Gannon April 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm

I just used 3 in 1 oil and it doesn’t make
      noise really but my spin time is between
      15-20 seconds when it used to be about 1:45
      what do I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 15, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Use a napkin or paper towel and try to soak off some of the oil. Sometimes too much oil can slow it down too much. If that doesnt do it, you can remove teh bearing, remove the oil with WD-40 then rinse in rubbing alcohol or acetone(quickly)

134. Anonymous April 13, 2017 at 10:09 pm

My bearing has grease in it. I tried soaking in acetone but it didn’t work. Any help?

• Beecher Bowers April 14, 2017 at 6:57 pm

try wd-40. then use acetone(quick rinse) or rubbing alcohol to get the WD-40 off

135. tuck April 13, 2017 at 8:15 pm

One of the buttons on my spinner fell of. When I try to put it back in, it just falls right back out. What do i do?

• Beecher Bowers April 14, 2017 at 6:56 pm

You can get a new set of buttons. Usually, once they start falling out, they won’t stop. If you want to try it, you can try using a piece of putty or something between the cap pieces.

136. Will April 13, 2017 at 5:35 am

What do you do if your caps will not come off?

• Beecher Bowers April 13, 2017 at 5:52 am

try unscrewing them. If it’s a more expensive model, they are sometimes threaded to keep them together. If not, they may be glued. There’s not a real easy answer for that. You may have to break them apart, then buy a nice set of buttons.

137. Ziyaad April 12, 2017 at 1:19 pm

Hello , All of the balls inside the buttons came out after I spinner it underwater, I have everything but I don’t know what to do

• Beecher Bowers April 12, 2017 at 1:48 pm

new bearing will be best solution. Use the chart further up this page.

138. Tom April 12, 2017 at 12:33 pm

I took the bearing out, doused it in gin. Dried it, now it doesn’t spin at all.
    What do I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 12, 2017 at 1:50 pm

try rinsing in rubbing alcohol. If that doesn’t work, you may need a new bearing. Use the chart above to find a good one

139. Teresa April 11, 2017 at 11:33 pm

The center of both of my sons spinners have come loose and won’t stay in. This happened while he was spinning it

• Beecher Bowers April 12, 2017 at 6:13 am

You can replace the center(called buttons). There are a couple company making metal fidget spinner buttons that screw together so they won’t come apart or fall out.

140. Gaurav April 11, 2017 at 9:12 pm

First, my bearing was spinning for a long time now it’s not even close. I applied mechanical oil to a steel ball bearing and then washed it with water. I think I messed up, what do I do now?

• Beecher Bowers April 12, 2017 at 6:10 am

If not rusted yet, rinse in rubbing alcohol and let it dry

141. Connor April 11, 2017 at 4:47 pm

I accidently managed to bring open the whole bearing and all of the balls inside are out now I have all the pieces but dont know what to do to fix it

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 4:49 pm

While it is possible to get it back together, youre better off getting a new bearing

• James April 12, 2017 at 4:23 am

All the steel balls came out :/

142. jeff April 11, 2017 at 4:37 pm

the bearing of my spinner is catching how do i fix that? its the tiny ball bearing. its the exact same one as the picture

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 4:43 pm

You can try cleaning with compressed air then if needed, rubbing alcohol

143. Kirsten April 10, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Hi. My fidget spinner got wet with some soap and now it is making a noise. What should I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 2:44 pm

if it hasn’t rusted, rinse it in rubbing alcohol and let it dry completely

144. Cameron April 10, 2017 at 9:16 pm

My fidget spinner got wet and rusty what do I do

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Replacing the bearing is about the only step.

145. person with fidget April 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Hi, is it OK to put ceramic bearings in water?

• Beecher Bowers April 10, 2017 at 3:31 pm

no. the bearing housing is metal and will rust

• Gannon April 11, 2017 at 2:41 pm

I used rubbing alcohol to clean the middle bearing
        and it did make it spin way smoother but
        know it louder. How do I fix that

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Do you have a ceramic or steel ball bearing ?

• Gannon April 11, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Ceramic

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 2:57 pm

ceramic is going to have a whir or hiss to it when they spin. You can always re-oil it if you’d rather have them quiet. Just use a very light oil, like 3-in-1 oil. Only a drop is needed.

• Gannon April 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm

What about a steel one

• Beecher Bowers April 11, 2017 at 4:42 pm

Typically, an un-oiled steel bearing is quieter than an un-oiled ceramic bearing but wont spin as long

146. Eliser April 10, 2017 at 5:09 am

Mine got wet and became rusty what should I do ?

• Beecher Bowers April 10, 2017 at 5:14 am

You’ll need to replace it.

147. Charbel April 10, 2017 at 12:06 am

Where do i order the middle bearing from?

• Beecher Bowers April 10, 2017 at 5:14 am

This chart has a set of links for replacement fidget spinner bearings

148. Scott April 9, 2017 at 5:19 pm

My spinner only spins for about 30 seconds at a time. It does not have normal sized bearings and I am not able to take them out. Is there something I can do?

• Beecher Bowers April 9, 2017 at 6:53 pm

To make your fidget spinner spin faster, you can try cleaning it out with a can of compressed air. If you are unable to remove the bearings, they may be glued in and you may just need to get a new spinner. Check the links on this page for a decent spinner.

149. Zach Ruby April 8, 2017 at 9:07 pm

My fidget spinner body is cracked by where a bearing goes and I was wondering if I should glue it back together with super strong glue

• Beecher Bowers April 9, 2017 at 12:00 pm

you can try a light super glue(not a thick glue). be aware it could, depending on the plastic used on your spinner, melt the plastic a little, or put your spinner slightly off-balance. If you have the glue around, it would be cheapest to try it before buying another spinner.

150. Matt April 8, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I got my spinner today and it was spinning for about 2 minutes every time but all of a sudden it slowed down and won’t spin as fast. I can’t see anything in the bearings and don’t know what type they are. They are smaller than normal size. What can I do?

• Beecher Bowers April 9, 2017 at 12:03 pm

if it slowed down that much, chances are there’s something small(lint or dust) in the bearing. Try a can of compressed air to spray it out while it’s spinning.

151. Noah April 8, 2017 at 6:13 pm

My figet spinner went from 1minute to 25 seconds after I oiled it because it was making sound what should I do

• Beecher Bowers April 9, 2017 at 12:01 pm

You can remove the bearing and rinse it in common rubbing alcohol to remove the oil. Then let it air dry. Don’t use water to rinse it as it will rust it

152. esteph818 April 7, 2017 at 7:43 pm

My spinner works fine but, the cap in the middle where you hold the spinner seems to be broken and/or loose but I can’t seem to be able to see any difference between the one that is broken and the one that is fine.
    Can you help me?

• Beecher Bowers April 7, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Sometimes the spinner buttons are the least well built part of the spinner. If they were bulk-made, just removing them once could cause them to fit loosely. If you get a good set of spinner buttons, you’ll be able to use them with your current spinner and others you buy in the future. Here are buttons for the 608 bearing size spinner and the 606 size spinner.

153. grayson April 7, 2017 at 3:37 pm

hey my plastic middle is broke the balls wont stay in and wont fit how do I fix it

• Beecher Bowers April 7, 2017 at 7:25 pm

if the spinner body is broken around where the bearing fits in, you’ll need a new spinner. If it’s a plastic ring inside the bearing, and the little ball bearings are coming out, you’ll need a new bearing.

154. Tyler April 6, 2017 at 2:09 pm

I have a spinner so unique, I can’t find a fix for it anywhere. It’s called a Dragon Spinner and it has very small bearing in the middle. It seemed to slow down a lot after one day, how do I speed this up? Also, the caps are too long, so they hit each other so only one bearing is snug, and the other I can turn it upside down, and it would fall off with no effort. How can I fix that I can actually have the caps stay on in the middle?

• Beecher Bowers April 6, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Use the email address from my contact page and send me a picture of your spinner.

155. David April 5, 2017 at 11:42 pm

My spinner came in the mail today and I’ve been playing with it a lot and for some reason it’s making a wsssssss kind of noise and I don’t see anything in the bearings could it be the center bearing?

• Beecher Bowers April 6, 2017 at 8:50 am

the almost hissing sound you describe is normal if you are using ceramic bearings. Typically they have a light hiss. Clicking is usually a problem with dirt or the ball bearings themselves.

156. Trevor April 5, 2017 at 10:22 pm

I just got a 3 point spinner tonight, 608rs and abec 7 bearings. My middle bearing is making noises and slowing down slightly. When I got it and took it out of the box, it was almost silent. Now it is quite loud. Also when I take it out of the spinner frame, and spin it and look inside the spinner, the ring around the balls inside is not even throughout the bearing, so it is off center of the balls, on one side it is almost touching the outside, the other is almost touching the inside. I don’t know if that is supposed to happen. Thanks!

• Trevor April 5, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Also, when I first got it, it was very smooth, now it is vibrating when I spin it, and sounds like there is something inside the bearings, even after the compressed air.

• Beecher Bowers April 6, 2017 at 8:53 am

I’ve seen this happen with less expensive spinners that use lower grade bearings. I’d recommend getting some Bones Reds or Yellow Jacket bearings. As long as your spinner is well balanced, they’ll really improve even a cheap spinner.

157. Wilk Alloe April 4, 2017 at 5:42 pm

What do i do about rust on all of my bearings is there a way to fix that

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:44 pm

you can try cleaning it out, but once rust is started, it’s hard to keep it from coming back. WD-40 would probably keep it from coming back, but may slow down the spinner or slowly leak out over time in your pocket.

158. Liz April 4, 2017 at 5:40 pm

It is plastic and appears to be slightly warped.. it’s not exactly flat anymore.. I can’t force the bearings back in with thumbs.. it seems like the holes are just barely too small now. Thanks you for your help.

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:43 pm

yeah, the heat must have gotten to it. Even if you were to get it back in, it wouldn’t be balanced anymore. Time for a new spinner!

159. Austin April 4, 2017 at 5:18 pm

my new spinner is squealing and just got it yesterday night, and its not spinning as well too

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:42 pm

Try cleaning the bearing as described in the post above. It sounds as if there’s something in it.

• Austin April 5, 2017 at 7:18 am

theres a metal covering over the beaings so cant get to itunless i brake it open

• Beecher Bowers April 5, 2017 at 9:49 am

You have a ZZ model bearing. The metal gasket will come off if you pry it with a screwdriver or something(be careful not to gouge your finger doing it) but you probably won’t get it back on. This guy has a good “how to” for removing them.

160. Bob April 4, 2017 at 2:06 am

Does the rusty bearing in the center of the fidget spinner affects the speed of the fidget spinner?

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:15 am

definitely. Best option is to replace the bearing (see some good bearing alternatives above in the chart).

161. Krystle Cooke April 4, 2017 at 12:08 am

I got it off!! Just took some shimmying! Also put some wd40 on it and it’s great!! Thanks for the tips! Also, Jinsey are on amazon! 🙂

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:11 am

great! Glad to hear. And I found the Jinsey Spinner. Thanks!

162. Liz April 3, 2017 at 8:40 pm

I washed and dried my son’s new fidget spinner. All the bearings came out and I can’t snap them back in. It’s like the body of it shrank. Any ideas I’m how to repair..?

• Beecher Bowers April 4, 2017 at 5:14 am

Is the spinner made of wood or plastic? How badly did it shrink? e.g. noticeably, where you can see it’s never going back in, or just tight enough the bearings won’t press back in using your thumbs?

163. Krystle Cooke April 3, 2017 at 7:26 pm

I got a Jensy spinner for my son, had it one day and now it’s catching and loud.. not spinning right. I’ve read your info here but the bearing and the under half cover doesn’t want to come off so I can clean in alcohol.. I assume you mean rubbing alcohol right? And can I put the whole thing in it if the bearing doesn’t pop out? I don’t want to break it

• Beecher Bowers April 3, 2017 at 7:37 pm

Yes, rubbing alcohol. I haven’t been able to locate a picture of the Jensy spinner, but I wouldn’t suggest putting the whole spinner in alcohol. It may not dry out completely. If there’s no glue holding the cap on, you might try tapping the cap out from the opposite side with the eraser end of a pencil. If the cap won’t pop out, you may still be able to pop the bearing out using the method shown in the video above. Just tap from the side without the cap still attached. Even if the cap is attached, you could still rinse the bearing in rubbing alcohol, just dry it with a hair dryer on low heat, so the alcohol dries out quickly.

164. Derrick April 3, 2017 at 7:04 pm

My spinner has slowed down from spinning for 2 minutes and the next day to 30 seconds. What could cause this besides it being dirty and what can I do to get it to spin for longer now?

• Beecher Bowers April 3, 2017 at 7:39 pm

If it uses a ceramic bearing and has been dropped, it’s possible one of the ceramic ball bearings cracked. Other than that, it’s possible something in the center bearing is out of alignment or perhaps something caused it to become unbalanced.

165. Jeff April 2, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Like playdo?

• Beecher Bowers April 2, 2017 at 2:38 pm

that would work fine.

166. Jeff April 2, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Can I just glue my 2 halfs into the hole because it keeps falling off

• Beecher Bowers April 2, 2017 at 2:24 pm

You can, but don’t use superglue or similar. Depending on the type of plastic your current button is made of, it could dissolve the plastic or make it soft. A less permanent solution is to use a bit of putty in between the two halves. They’ll stay together but you can pull them apart if you need to.

167. Aiden April 2, 2017 at 2:13 pm

My halfs keep falling off of my middle piece what do I do

• Beecher Bowers April 2, 2017 at 2:17 pm

See the bottom of the article, I’d suggest getting a set of metal caps that screw together. They’ll outlast teh spinner and can be used on other spinners that use the same bearing, if you ever get a new spinner.

168. Khaleel April 2, 2017 at 7:23 am

I have a 2 way spinner and the bearing Is attached to the middle spinner bit now do i dis attach it

169. Din April 2, 2017 at 12:42 am

My bearing has rust… How do I get rid of it without breaking my spinner?Its a 608RS and ABEC-7

• Beecher Bowers April 2, 2017 at 8:11 am

You might try popping the bearing out of the spinner, spraying it out with WD-40, then rinsing in alcohol. Chances are, it won’t solve it 100% and you should just replace it if it doesn’t.

170. CJ March 30, 2017 at 3:47 pm

So my spinner is spinning kinda slow, and I don’t have access to compressed air, is their anyway to make it spin more quietly

• Beecher Bowers March 30, 2017 at 3:58 pm

If it’s a clicking sound, and you’re able to remove it, you can try rinsing it in rubbing alcohol, drying it with a cloth, then letting it air dry prior to putting it back in your spinner.
      If it’s a ceramic bearing, my experience has been that they’re noisier by nature and make a whirring sound as they spin.

171. Dragonball March 30, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Mine is glued how do I take it out?

• Beecher Bowers March 30, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Cautionary note: Do this at your own risk. You may try popping it out using the nickel method in the video above. It’s possible it could crack the spinner too.

172. Dalton March 29, 2017 at 10:52 pm

Ok thank you. What would you suggest I do to fix it? I did find some small cracks in the spinner.

• Beecher Bowers March 30, 2017 at 4:55 am

You most likely won’t be able to fix it well enough to get a stable spin out of it. Any glue or anything else used to fix the cracks will put the spinner off balance. You’ll probably need to buy a new one. At the very top of this post, there’s a link to another post about a couple different grades of fidget spinners. The metal spinners won’t crack, but cost more initially.

173. MDR March 29, 2017 at 6:21 pm

If i took of the rubber piece and all off metal balls fell out how would i put them back in to the middle

• Beecher Bowers March 29, 2017 at 7:09 pm

You’ll probably do better to buy a new bearing. Its pretty tricky to reassemble the bearing

174. Dalton March 29, 2017 at 5:28 pm

My center bearing and caps keep falling out when I spin it. It is like the bearing is to small to fit. Although I did not have this problem until I and other people have dropped it.

• Beecher Bowers March 29, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Check the body of the spinner for hairline cracks. They’ll be hard to see, but if it’s cracked near where the bearing is located, it may make it just flexible enough for the bearing to slide out.

Comments are closed.