The Chrome web browser allows you to install extensions to add functionality. Some of the best add-ons make learning easier and more fun, while shortening the amount of time it takes to complete assignments. To install these extensions, just visit the links below in your Chrome browser and hit the “Add to Chrome” button there.
Here’s a short list of Chrome extensions to help students heading off (or back) to college or school.
- Cite This For Me: Automatically create website citations in the APA, MLA, Chicago, or Harvard referencing styles at the click of a button.
- Google Dictionary: You’ll never have an excuse for not knowing a word again!
- Occupy the Bookstore: This extension looks at the books in your list when shopping your bookstore online and finds cheaper sites to buy or rent from!
- The Great Suspender: Stops those fourteen tabs you have open from hogging all your system’s memory while doing research.
- Google Scholar: Adds a button to easily find the full text of scientific and reference papers
- Session Buddy: Still have those fourteen tabs open? Use Session Buddy to save all those tabs at once to save individually bookmarking them
- WolframAlpha: Need help with mathematical equations? This add-on is the one to use.
- SpeakIt!: If you learn better by listening, SpeakIt! will read back highlighted text