Epson Perfection 610 drivers for Windows 7 64bit
I recently built a new PC and use the 64 bit version of Windows 7. I had no trouble finding drivers for my printer, and various other hardware, but my Epson Perfection 610 wasn’t recognized and Epson’s website didn’t list it as Windows 7 compatible, even in the 32 bit flavor. Fortunately, there’s an undocumented way to get it to work.
After scouring Epson’s website and not locating a driver, I found a program calles Vuescan that did work with the scanner, even in Windows 7. Unfortunately, it costs around $40, which would pay for half a new, cheap scanner. I kept searching and found out that the Epson Stylus CX3200 All-in-one driver will run the scanner without problems! Here’s the how to:[UPDATE: Epson has evidently changed their link and the instructions below don’t work. Check Raf’s comment in the comments below for a workaround that gets your device working!]
- Download the Stylus CX3200 driver here and expand the files out to your hard drive.
- Plug your scanner in and let windows 7 complain that it can’t install it correctly.
- Open your Device Manager and right click the unknown device it has detected.
- Click Update Driver and browse to the location you placed the driver files.
- Choose the CX3200 driver and tell Windows you want to install it anyway, even though it isn’t known to work with your hardware.
Any TWAIN compliant scanning software should work fine now with your Epson Perfection 610!